OneCircle is a highly innovative, dynamic and international company based in Den Helder with multiple production locations in the UK, USA, Germany and Spain. We develop, produce and sell lightweight synthetic kegs for packaging and transporting drinks and other products. OneCircle is the founder of the KeyKeg® and Unikeg®. For 12 years, OneCircle has been the market leader in one-way packaging for beer, wine and ciders. Our kegs are now also used for other applications. Detailed information can be found on our website: www.keykeg.com.
Working at OneCircle means working for a fast-growing and dynamic organization, with plenty of freedom and opportunities for personal development. Communication lines are short and we have an informal, collegial and professional working atmosphere where the focus is on the client and the employee. Together with approximately 65 enthusiastic colleagues, you work every day with a lot of passion and commitment on conquering the market of one-way kegs and with the necessary attention for the environment.
Do you have a passion for sustainability and do you want to make a lasting impact on circularity and the climate emergency? Are you willing to use your skills and knowledge in a company that is a recognized leader in the circular economy? Then you might be the right candidate for this job!
Group Sustainability Manager
As the Group Sustainability Manager you lead our sustainability strategy development and -execution. You'll be a key leader helping to realize our purpose to protect the world by giving new life to used materials and our vision to be the leading waste-to-product company in the world's most advanced circular economies.
In this new role, you will focus on the global establishment of partnerships with smart collection systems and networks for our KeyKegs and UniKegs. In addition, you will be responsible for initiating, connecting and managing these collection systems and networks. In doing so, you will put the OneCircle Collection Community on the map within the markets in which our kegs are used. You will work closely with the Sales, Marketing, Logistics, R&D and Administration teams.
What will be your responsibilities
• Further define our sustainability strategy, in close cooperation with the Strategy & Business.
• Set up sustainability targets for the company and track progress against these targets and support the organisation in realising them.
• Stay up to date on latest standards and policies, and inform the organisation accordingly.
• Operational, commercial & financial responsibility of the circular mindset within OneCircle
• Initiating and implementing new revenue models to make the collection profitable.
• Set clear group definitions for sustainability metrics and policies.
• Represent OneCircle internally and externally regarding sustainability
• Establishing partnerships with smart collection networks worldwide with potential relations/members, e.g. supply chain relations and local recyclers.
• Maintaining relationships (acquisition, contract negotiations, closing deals and account management) in order to efficiently find as many partners as possible to collect our kegs and which relieves our customers directly and indirectly.
• Coordinating and collaborating with the marketing and sales colleagues and all other teams within our organisation.
What we are looking for
• You are a specialist in collection and recycling
• You take the lead in exploring opportunities with potential members/partners that can be very diverse ("thinking out of the box").
• You know how to convince people and are able to motivate and encourage others. You sell an environmental concept where margins for the partner still have to be proven.
• You are used to working with complex processes and managing several large projects running simultaneously.
• You are analytical, have a quick overview of the entire process and a keen eye for possible improvements and and you know how to enthuse others about it. You are able to take decisions.
• You have good empathic qualities, whereby the customer's request is fundamental.
• You are creative but pragmatic, many of the solutions will be innovative, but must be feasible.
• You understand the challenge in marketing sustainable PET packaging
• You have over 10 years of relevant international work experience.
• You have a stable and hands on personality
• You are fluent in Dutch and English. Command of another foreign language is an advantage.
• You are prepared to travel internationally for work (50% of your time on average).
Are you ready to make the world a better place?